Saturday, December 25, 2021

Poll Shows Biden Job Approval in December at 50%, Democrats +7 in Generic Ballot Poll

 A Morning Consult poll released December 22 shows Joe Biden with a 50% job approval rating.  The poll was conducted December 2-6 and surveyed 2,200 adults.  An IPSOS poll conducted among I,000 adults December I5-I7 showed Biden with a narrower 48-46 approval lead, but the trend through all the polling data on the President's job approval rating in the month of December has been positive.  Even conservative-leaning polls are adjusting their numbers to within single digit  differences. 

A YouGov poll conducted between December I9-2I, 202I, showed the Democrats with a 43-36 lead over Republicans on the "Generic Ballot" for the 2022 mid-terms.  That poll was conducted among I,300 registered voters.  A John Zogby Strategies/EMI Solutions poll conducted on December I7 involving 777 registered voters, showed Democrats with a 44-40 margin. 

Two separate YouGov polls from December I9-2I showed Trump's unfavorability at 55% and 53% respectively, while his favorability average in both polls was 40%.  The two polls were conducted simultaneously, the first one among I,3I5 registered voters, the second among I,500 adults.  The percentage of both adults and registered voters with an unfavorable opinion of Trump continues to increase since the 2020 election, these two polls, with his unfavorability at +I3 and +I5 are their highest point since just after the January 6th insurrection.  

I did not hear any of this in mainstream media except a couple of references to the generic ballot on MSNBC and a reference to Stacy Abrams doing very well on a couple of the Saturday morning MSNBC programs. It got a spot in the electronic edition of The Washington Post.  Noting that the single, outlier poll last month that showed the President's job approval rating among about 700 adults in the single-day poll was 39%, but that made all three major networks and every commentator on CNN that evening, 

I'm just one blogger, but these are my headlines.  

I Have One Polling Question

Polls can sometimes be deceitful in the way they word the questions and people don't always catch the nuances.  I don't specifically approve of some of the things the Biden administration is doing at the moment.  I'd like to see the justice department get much tougher on the insurrectionists, revive the Mueller investigation and go after Trump on all of the obstruction of justice evidence that it turned up. But I will also vote a straight Democratic ticket on my 2022 ballot.  

My question is this.  We've seen everything there is to see about Donald Trump, including his incompetence, his mental instability, his lack of respect for constitutional law, his corruption, his living outside the law, and just this week, after President Biden acknowledged his role in getting the vaccination process started, he's demonstrated that his decisions are heavily influenced by having his ego stroked.  

Do you really want to elect anyone to public office who thinks that he should run again? 

Author's Note: 

The point here is that the news media has predictably and unsurprisingly grabbed on to what makes sensational, shocking headlines and that's what we see and hear.  Biden is still struggling with job approval ratings, partly because that's how the media works, and partly because his administration, and the Democratic party, are somehow disconnected from getting on top of their own narrative.  There are several media outlets like Fox and Newsmax, that don't follow journalistic principles, but are pro-Republican, anti-Democrat in their approach, in the Rush Limbaugh mold.  The major networks, and CNN, operate under some of the principles of "fair and balanced" journalism, but have to compete for commercial advertising dollars and are driven by extremes at times.  So the Democrats need to greatly expand their propaganda channels or lose support if they don't.   

There's nothing in this post that isn't carefully researched and documented.  It's all accurate.  It's just a very different perspective from the doom and gloom, "Democrats in disarray," falling poll numbers, party in power loses the mid-terms rhetoric that is not really accurate, but appears to be based on the selective choices made when it comes to the question of what to publish.  Those "Democrats in disarray" are just a month away from a cheerleading pep-rally in the house over the passage of bills they are getting through.  

I'm not sitting on my rear any more, watching, letting it happen and throwing up my hands in dismay.  I don't have much at my disposal, but it's all going toward doing everything I can to make sure this country is never faced with a menace like Donald J. Trump or any others of his ilk again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment